When it comes to chicken recipes, no one can beat the Punjabis. The Punjabi cuisine is filled with a variety of chicken dishes that no one can get enough of. Well Punjabi cuisine is not just about chicken recipes, but it is also about their lassi, their saags and sweets. Yes, some people might find it too rich, but I am in love with the Punjabi cuisine.
In today’s post, I am going to be telling you my top % favourite chicken dishes from the Punjabi cuisine. Continue reading ahead to see if your favourite dish is listed in here too. These dishes are prepared all over the country and if any of you people love to cook and experiment new dishes, then I would definitely recommend these dishes to you. These chicken recipes in hindi are available easily on the net. So all you need to do is find then out, follow the instructions and then hope for the best!
Anyway let us take a look at the chicken dishes from the Punjabi cuisine.
- Butter chicken– Talk about Punjabi cuisine, the first dish that pops up into your mind has to be butter chicken. This has the best taste in the world. It comes to be a thick and creamy curry with pieces of chicken tandoor within. The curry is a mixture of a number of spices but nothing too much. The moment you take a bite of it, there is like an explosion of all the spices in your mouth.
- Chicken bharta– Now everyone knows what baigan ka bharta is, but have you ever tasted the Punjabi chicken bharta? If you haven’t tried it yet, you don’t know what you have been missing on to. The recipe contains shredded chicken pieces and it is again in a creamy curry. It goes well with all types of Indian breads and is a must try for sure.
- Tandoor chicken– If you want to have some chicken as a side dish with your glass of scotch then tandoori chicken is you friend over here. It is served with some onions and lemons that add flavours to the already lovely tandoor chicken.
- Murgh malaiwala– This is a dish which does use a lot of spices in its preparation but yet has a very subtle and gentle taste. It is loved when combined with tandoori roti, butter naan or roomali roti. As the name suggests, this chicken recipe uses a lot of fresh whipped cream giving it an off white coloured curry. Do not miss on to this recipe as well.
- Dhaba style Punjabi chicken curry– Now the name may sound odd, but the dhaba style chicken curry is something that they are proud of. If you ever get a chance to go to Punjab do not make the mistake of trying out this recipe in some 5 star hotels, but rather go to a dhaba actually and try it put there. I am sure you are going to love it.