The quality of the photos is regarded as the most important part of the website as they can make or break the design of the website. Even though most people focus more on the contents rather than on the photographs but they are actually one of the most critical components of a website.
Steven Rindner explains about the importance of quality photograph for the website
Photography is a great way to connect with the target audience as people who come to the site want to see the product or service. They of course go through what all is written on the website but the first thing that they see is the photographs on the website.
Steven Rindner being an expert in this field says that good photography can be used in the website for a number of purposes. It can showcase the work, help to strengthen a point one wishes to make, and can be used to induce an emotion in the users. Photograph is in fact a great way to communicate the personal side of the business to the potential customers and help build trust in the brand and company.
Mentioned below are some of the guidelines that need to be adhered to when using photography on the website:
- It is very important to use professional photos and for that one can hire someone or ask the design agency if they offer such service.
- As a substitute, one can utilize best quality stock photos from any leading photo sites.
- It is always better to avoid the stereotypical and meaningless photos.
- Another important guideline that needs to be followed when using photos for the website is to showcase positive imagery such as happy and smiling people as this reflect positive emotions to the customers.
- Limit before and after photos. For instance, in case the website deals with dental therapies and treatments, instead of showcasing photos of ugly teeth; it is always better to showcase beautiful teeth.
- Remember that lesser number of photos on the website make the site much more appealing than a large number of photos. So, choose photos that are bold, colorful, attractive and not too small in size.
These are some of the important points that need to be considered when it comes to choosing photographs for the website.
So, those who keen to make the website look great and give the best first impression, then it is always better to pay particular attention to the images as they will play a substantial role.
Steven Rindner further states that photography plays a vital role in delivering the personality of the brand. It also improves the positioning of the company which in turn helps to increase the sales of the company.
Thus, it can be said that beautiful photography of the services, products, team and facility help establish professionalism and improve the look and feel of the brand and website. With more attractive imagery, visitors to the website are likely to stay longer and get to know more about the product or service that they are offering.