A complete, nutritious and very beneficial food for health is rice bran, have you heard about it? It is the outer part that surrounds the rice, that is, the layer that surrounds the cereal. This layer is what is normally discarded to make white rice and, however, is what is stored when we take whole rice. It has a lot of nutrients and very beneficial properties for health.
Benefits of rice bran for the organism
We begin to analyze what rice bran is for, discovering the main health benefits that this ingredient brings to our body. Here we leave you a list with all its uses and benefits:
- Improves cardiovascular health: it is one of the main benefits of rice bran and is that it has essential fatty acids that improve our cardiovascular system and, at the same time, reduce the presence of cholesterol.
- Very nutritious: it is also a very nutritious ingredient that gives us interesting minerals and vitamins, as well as fiber, proteins and carbohydrates. A very complete and healthy food for our body.
- Improves our skin and hair: rice bran is an ingredient widely used in beauty products because it has a very interesting contribution in vitamin E. It is a perfect product to improve the condition of our skin and hair achieving maximum hydration and, at the same time, slowing premature aging (thanks to the fact that it contains numerous antioxidants).
- Help to lose weight: another of the benefits of rice bran is that it is a very rich ingredient in fiber and, therefore, it improves our digestive system, eliminates gas and bloating and achieve greater satiety.
- Purifies the body: thanks to its interesting contribution in fiber, the rice bran also helps to cleanse our body naturally and discard all the useless substances that remain accumulated in the body.
- Reduce cholesterol in the blood: this is another of the most outstanding benefits of this ingredient and that is, not only can absorb cholesterol (thanks to fiber), but also helps to expel it from our body before it is absorbed.
- More resistance and physical strength: this is why it is an optimal ingredient for athletes. The reason is that it contains Gamma Oryzanol, a component that increases testosterone and, therefore, helps us to have more strength and strength.
How to take rice bran
Now that you know what rice bran is for, it is important that we indicate how you can incorporate it into your diet and, thus, take advantage of all the benefits that we have indicated in the previous section. There are different forms of consumption but, here, we will give you the most usual ones:
- Mixed with water: you can take 1 or 2 tablespoons of rice bran dissolved in water and take it daily to take advantage of its benefits.
- In your recipes: it is an ingredient that can easily be part of your food preparations. For example, you can add it in your creams, salads, fruit smoothies, et cetera.
- Rice bran oil: there is another product that can help you more easily incorporate the product into your diet. With this oil you can dress your salads or cook your food and make the most of all its benefits.
Benefits of rice bran oil
As we have already said, you also have the option of making rice bran oil, a product available in stores and shops of natural products and containing a variety of very interesting benefits for your body. This oil is obtained thanks to the pressing of rice bran and can be included in your routine both for cosmetic uses (for skin or hair) and for internal uses (in recipes).
Here is a list of the benefits of rice bran oil:
- Rich in antioxidants: this oil is very rich in antioxidants and, therefore, is ideal to apply on the skin or hair and avoid the aggression of the sun’s rays. This reduces the premature aging of our body but also prevents the appearance of sunspot.
- Helps to heal: also used topically, this oil will accelerate the healing of our skin and improve their health. This is thanks to the rich contribution in vitamin E of which we have already spoken to you above.
- Regenerates our skin: it is another of the benefits obtained thanks to the interesting contribution in vitamin E. That regenerates our skin is ideal to heal wounds that we have and help to make disappear more quickly marks or acne. It also prevents the appearance of premature wrinkles.
- Improves hair health: if you apply this oil to your hair you will achieve a greater shine and a silky appearance. This is because it is very rich in proteins, a nutrient that improves the fibers of the hair and manages to improve its condition in a general way.
If you ingest it orally you have to know that the benefits of this oil are equal to the benefits of rice bran that we have indicated in the first section of this article.
If you want to read more articles similar to what is rice bran used for – discover all its benefits, we recommend you to enter our Health category.
Article Source: Tape Daily