Mussoorie is a small hill town that is located in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. This beautiful city is visited by tourists in millions from all over the country and abroad. There are indeed various things to see and experience here. Hence, proper planning of the itinerary is an obvious must to ensure that none of the important places of interest and sight scenes are missed out during the trip.
Must visit places
Mussoorie budget hotels make sure that you do not spend a fortune on your stay and enjoy your trip to the greatest extent. The below mentioned are few places that should be on your itinerary.
- Lal Tibba: It is a scenic five kilometres uphill walk to Mussorie’s highest point from Picture Palace. The trail is said to travel through Landour Bazaar. A wonderful thing to see here is the old light house.
- Kempty Falls: From Mussoorie town, it is located at a distance of 15 km. And has become a popular tourist destination. From Library Stand, you can get a bus or taxi. The falls can be reached by two different ways. The first is to take the steps nearby or to avail the cable car for travelling up and down the falls. You need to have the ticket as you come down, since without the ticket, the operators are not likely to allow you to go to the top again. You can find a man-made pool just next to falls. Here adults and kids can play in it. Several shops can be found close to the waterfalls offering rental swim gears. Also, is present clean changing rooms meant for gents and ladies? There are also present food stalls offering exciting snacks like Maggie noodles, parathas and Maggi, to help you get refreshed and to pacify your hunger. You can consume these and enjoy the scenic beauty at the same time. You can also avail the services of the professional photographers who are eager to take your pictures from different angles and backgrounds.
- Lake Mist: It is located just 10 km away from Mussoorie town and is on the way to the Kempty Falls. It offers tourists with a wonderful view.
- Happy Valley: From Library End, it is located just couple of kilometres and is considered to be a Tibetan settlement with a population of 5,000. It is indeed a beautiful spot and you are sure to enjoy a short hike. Bicycle rickshaws and taxis ply on this route.
- Dhanaulti: It is located around 28 km from the city and is a quiet forest place. The government has converted it into two Eco parks. The forest trails, especially the one within Eco Park 2 and another outside it, is not to be missed out. You can get a taxi from Library End.
- Jawahar Aquarium: It is located on the Mall Road and does boast of having fabulous collection of different species of fishes. You need to pay a small entry ticket.
Selecting the best 5 star resorts in Mussoorie can help to optimize your tour to Mussoorie