It will be no wrong to say that in this era of continuous inflation and scarce sources of earning income, earning a few extra cents and that too from your gaming passion is a good tiding. Each one, whether a student or a working one would love the idea of earning some extra cash in part-time.
Fantasy gaming is the platform that has made the sports a much more interaction-based and helps to convert the passive sports fans to the active ones. These fantasy gaming platforms have emerged as a preservative of the sports craze amongst its fans. In the world of this fantasy gaming, there are huge options of games to choose from like the cricket, kabaddi, carrom, badminton, football, etc. out of which the fantasy hockey is one of the sports that seem to have an exponential rate of liking nowadays. This app has been a leading platform for best online fantasy hockey for a long time.
Talking in detail about the fantasy hockey, it is a fantasy sport in which a team needs to be built by the players to compete against each other, based on the statistics generated by professional players of the hockey game. A fantasy hockey league or the hockey pool usually comprises of 8 to 12 teams competing against each other at a time.
Some of the important details of a fantasy hockey game are as enumerated below:
- The team structure for most of the top fantasy hockey leagues is usually a very simple one comprising of usually 1 Goalkeeper, 3-5 Forwards, 3-5 Midfielders and 3-5 Defenders.
- These players are bought or owned using a virtual budget of 1000 gems in the gaming portal.
- There are various categories in which a fantasy hockey player scores the points to be the victorious or the defeated party. These categories can be – goals, points, hits, powerplay points, penalty minutes, plus/minus (+/-), game-winning goals, etc.
- Now let us discuss the scoring patterns of these points by the various categories of players in a fantasy hockey team participating in top fantasy hockey leagues.
- The points scored for the team by an attacker:
The team will receive 30 points for each of the goal which has been scored by the goalkeeper or the defender. There will be 25 points for each of the goal which has been scored by a midfielder. There will be 20 points for each of the goal which has been scored by a forward. The team will receive one point for every of the good pass and 12 points for every assist. The team will receive 2 points for shots on target and the penetration of the circle. There will be two points for penalty corner earned and six points for penalty stroke earned.
- The points scored for the team by a defender:
There will be one point for every interception and tackle as well as the blocks. There will be four points for Saves GK. The team will get 20 points for penalty stroke saved GK.
- The points scored for the team as bonus points:
The team will get -2 points for each yellow card. There will be -4 points for each red card and -1 point for each green card. The team will get -6 points for every penalty stroke which has been missed. There will be -5 points for every goal conceded GK. There will be -3 points for every goal conceded DEF and -2 points for all the goals conceded MID. The team will get two points for winning a bonus.
- These fantasy hockey gaming portals are legal and true in all aspects and provide a platform for sports fans to utilize the knowledge and their passion for sports in the best virtual way.
Major decisions involved-
There are various decisions that a player needs to take related to its fantasy hockey team as follows.
- Decision to select the midfielders: At the time of creating the team the individuals have to select a minimum of three and a maximum of five midfielders. This selection must be made upon the performance in the matches and at the time of choosing them, previous records must be considered. All the midfielders must never be picked from a single team. It must be kept in mind that the midfielders that have good attacking record must be paid as it will help in scoring points.
- Decision to select the defenders: At the time of creating the team, there must be a selection of a minimum of three and maximum five defenders. Attacking lineup must be considered at the time of choosing the defenders as well as midfielders. In case the line-up will be weak then the defenders will not be receiving match points. One must focus on picking two midfielders from each of the team and there must not be full dependence on a single team.
- Decision to select the forwards: At the time of leading the team there must be a selection of a minimum of one and maximum of three forwards. Individuals must focus on selecting at least two forwards from a single team because they will help in scoring well. Background checks is a very important step to be performed at the time of choosing them and the individuals must focus on making one of the forwards as the star player or as the captain.
- Decision to select the goalkeepers: There is a requirement of only one goalkeeper in the team and they will help in earning a lot of points in case they play well. All the players who are in the form are eligible to be chosen as the goalkeeper.
- Decision to select the star player and captain: This is the most important decision because they help to fetch more points in comparison to other players. The star player will help to get 2X points where is the captain will help to get 1.5 X points so, such decisions must be made very wisely. One of the forwards must be made as a star player or the captain. In case the team has good attacking players then he or she must also be considered as making the star player or the captain. A recommendation by the experts is that defenders must never be made as to the star player but the good ones can be considered as captain. Another important thing to be considered is that they both must not be from a single team because there are very low chances of good performance in such a case.
Therefore, fantasy hockey can give millennials a secure and safe platform for enjoying their loved game of hockey in their leisure time and helping them win some real cash points. Fantasy gaming is thus a full-fledged package providing them with a real sporting experience with some virtual thrill and action on-field.